We welcome you to the Carney Pools Campsite and by making a booking via the internet or over the phone you are agreeing to our terms and conditions.
Please make sure all members of your family are aware of our campsite terms and conditions.
CAMPSITE TERMS & CONDITIONS
As a guest or visitor to Carney Pools Campsite we ask that you read and adhere to the following campsite terms and conditions. It is the responsibility of the person making the booking to let all users on your pitch know of these terms and conditions – which must be adhered to by all guests and visitors. These terms and conditions have been put in place to ensure that visitors to our site are kept safe and have an enjoyable time with us.
Caravanning and Camping Information
- It is your responsibility to have an electric hook lead in a safe condition, damaged leads will not be accepted. Leads must be at least 25 metres in length to ensure that they will reach all electric hook up points.
- Homemade electric hook up leads are not allowed.
- Electrical splitters are not permitted; there is only one electric lead per hook up pitch allowed.
- We do not allow Hobby, Buccaneer, Tabbert, Travel King caravans, RV’s, converted horse boxes or converted lorries.
- Generators are not allowed.
- Carney Pools Campsite staff reserve the right to re-site any pitch for essential maintenance work or due to adverse weather and the ground conditions. We will endeavour to give you notice wherever possible.
- Single sex parties of 3 or more persons and unaccompanied young parties are not accepted. There must always be at least one responsible adult over the age of 21 on any pitch at any time.
- Children must be supervised always during your stay.
- You must have adequate insurance cover for your unit.
All caravanners/campers must pay before entering the site. We take both cash or card.
Onsite Shop/Tackle & Bait
Our shop is reasonably priced with a selection of all of your essentials, including:
- Please do not drive over lawn areas in your quest to pitch your caravan.
- Please report to the reception area in the wooden lodge and staff will direct you to where your pitch is located.
- Please ensure that you pitch correctly, you will be asked to move your caravan/tent/motorhome if you pitch, facing the wrong way or take up too much room out of the designated area.
- Pitches must be 10m apart, even if you are camping with a group.
- Awnings must be attached to your caravan/motorhome.
- No more than one unit per pitch, pup tents are not permitted.
- We do not allow bivvy tents or shelters to be used on our pitches.
- Adults must supervise children (under 16 years of age) always, especially in the toilet areas.
- Children are not to be left unattended at any time.
- Parents/Guardians are responsible for the behaviour of their children and children in their care at all times during your stay.
- There is a 11.00pm restriction on parties, barbecues, music and noise.
- Any guests who make excessive noise after 11.00pm will be asked to leave the site.
- Onsite fire pits available for hire.
- Gas or charcoal BBQs are to be used only.
- All disposal BBQs must be raised off the ground.
- Ensure that all BBQs are fully extinguished and have cooled down before they are placed into a waste bin. Do not throw ash waste into the base of the hedges on site.
- NEVER place a BBQ in a tent, awning, caravan or motorhome. Even a cooling BBQ gives off poisonous carbon monoxide (CO), which can kill.
- Fire extinguishers are provided on the campsite (located near to the lodge main doors) – please make yourself aware of these.
- All household and food waste is to be placed in a black bin liner and sealed by tying a knot before it is placed into the bins provided.
- Only household and food waste is to be disposed of in the site bins. Items such as broken camping equipment must be taken home with you.
- Anyone found to be disposing of waste, other than household or food waste, will be charged for the waste disposal.
- Strictly no litter or waste to be left on or around your pitch.
- All chemical waste from caravan/motorhome toilets must be disposed of in the chemical waste disposal points (Elsan points) provided. Please ensure you leave this area clean after use.
- Rally bookings are not permitted to leave any waste of any kind and if found doing so will be charged for the waste disposal.
Safety and Security
- An electric gate system is in place. When you check in at the lodge reception, you will be issued with a pass number for each vehicle on your booking, this allows you access on and off the site.
- The barrier system will lock down at 8 pm each day and will unlock at 7 am the following day.
- Strictly no tailgating; anyone found doing so will be asked to leave the site.
- You will not be allowed to enter the site unless you have booked in.
- Misuse of the barrier system, of any kind, will not be tolerated.
- To ensure safety, we use CCTV in certain areas on the site.
- Still, digital or video photography is not permitted in the facilities areas.
- We will on occasions take photographs and/or videos around the site for promotion purposes. A member of staff will not take any photos without your permission. We follow strict GDPR guidelines.
- Friends/Family are not permitted to come on site to drop off or collect children, items or to help you set up without Carney Pools knowing. All people not on the booking must be registered as visitors. This is for safeguarding of people at risk on site.
- There is a 5mph campsite speed limit in place.
- Strictly no vehicle movement on the site after 11 pm, this is for the safety of people in tents and for guests who are sleeping. Please note that staff vehicles may be driven after this time to allow security checks and maintenance to take place.
- Strictly no drink driving; drink driving laws apply on site.
- No persons to drive without a current driving licence.
- Children are not permitted to be sat on an adult’s lap whilst driving.
- Commercial vehicles are not permitted on site.
- Loud exhaust vehicles are not permitted.
- No more than one car can be parked at the side of each pitch.
- During times of extreme wet weather, we may ask that all vehicles are parked away from the grassed areas on designated hard standing areas at the side of your pitch.
- No motorbikes, scooters, quad bikes, motorised or remote-controlled vehicles or anything that generates excessive noise are to be used on the site.
- Cyclists must not ride in between units and children on bikes are not permitted around the pools’ areas.
- Bicycles can only be ridden during daylight hours and children must be supervised. Preferably to wear safety helmets for their own safety.
- Bicycles must be parked safely, securely and sensibly on your pitch and not left unattended in the middle of the caravan field.
- All dogs, despite size must be kept on a lead always if outside of the unit.
- Dogs are permitted to be tied to a dog lead post on your pitch. Please ensure that dogs cannot move out of the pitch area and onto another pitch.
- Dogs can be walked around boundary of the campsite field. Please ensure that you can control your dog, especially in the presence of other dogs on site.
- Dogs are not permitted around the fishing pools at any time in the day. They are only permitted after 8 pm when the fishery is closed. Dogs must be on a lead.
- You must clean up after your dog in all areas of the site, including in the field. A bin for dog waste is in the designated bin area.
- Dogs are not to be left unattended on the site at any time.
- Dogs are not permitted to go in the toilet/shower areas, except for assistance dogs.
- You must not use any of the wash facilities to clean your dog.
- Dogs are not permitted to enter the fishing lodge/shop area, except for assistance dogs.
- Should your dog be considered a nuisance or dangerous by management; you will be asked to remove it from the site immediately.
- We take no responsibility for any injuries caused to any animals whilst on the site.
- You must be in possession of a current/valid fishing rod licence. You may be asked to produce your road licence if you request a concessionary ticket. Environment Agency bailiffs visit the fishery on a regular basis.
- A minimum of 2 years fishing experience is required.
- All children fishing must have a licence (over 12 years) and must be accompanied by an adult who has a fishing licence and at least 2 years fishing experience.
- Fishing is strictly from 7 am (summer) 8 am (winter) – the fishery closes at 8 pm or dusk if this is sooner.
- Fishing pegs cannot be reserved under any circumstances.
- Children aged 16 and under must be accompanied by a responsible adult always whilst they are fishing.
- Each person fishing must have an individual licence, unhooking mat and landing net.
- Caravanner/camping anglers must purchase their fishing ticket from the lodge before starting fishing.
- No night fishing.
- All anglers must follow the fishery rules as displayed on this website or on site notice boards.
- Unacceptable, offensive or illegal behaviour will not be accepted under any circumstances. We may ask you, or any member of your party, to leave immediately if your conduct is considered by us to be inappropriate, likely to cause harm or disturb the comfort or impair the safety of other customers, staff or other site visitors, or is likely in our thinking, to breach any of our terms and conditions. No refunds or compensation will be given in these circumstances.
- Drugs will not be tolerated under any circumstances, if you appear to be using drugs of any form then you will be asked to leave the site immediately.
- You must be 18 or over to consume alcohol on site. Strictly no alcohol is allowed around the fishing pools.
- Smoking and vaping is not permitted in any of the campsite buildings such as the shop and facilities block.
- Fireworks, Chinese lanterns and all items deemed as offensive weapons (such as knives, guns, laser pens etc) are not permitted on site.
- Drones and metal detectors are not permitted to be used on site.
- Aerials and satellite dishes must not be attached to any Carney Pools Campsite property.
- Anyone found to be tampering with the electricity supply and/or equipment will be removed from the site immediately, along with the rest of their group.
- Strictly no charging of caravan batteries is allowed
- Caravans, motorhomes, tents, trailers or any vehicles/bikes are not permitted to be washed on site.
- Any item that causes an obstruction to the grass cutter or strimmer will be removed from the pitch and disposed of if not collected.
- Under no circumstances should any visitors trespass into neighbouring fields, especially with dogs.
- Trampolines, swings, slides, water slides, large paddling pools, ball pools, hot tubs, bouncy castles or large outdoor play equipment are not permitted on site.
- Flags and pole lights are allowed. However, any lights must be switched off by 10.30pm. This is to stop invasion of light privacy into tents or awnings.
- No trees or hedges are to be climbed up or cut down.
- Guests must not carry out any type of trading or business from the site.
- Guests must not carry out any sales or exchanges of any kind on the site.
- We recommend that you use appropriate footwear and exercise caution during events of inclement weather. Areas of the site may become slippery due to excess rain, snow / ice or the result of mud.
- No flying of kites – these can become entangled in overhead power cables.
- All accidents must be reported to a member of staff at reception (wooden lodge) and documented in the accident book.
- No motorbikes, scooters, quad bikes, motorised or remote control vehicles are to be used on site.
- Strictly all visitors must be booked in through the booking number 07530270284. There is a charge of £5 per car for all visitors.
- Anyone found bringing visitors onsite without registering them at reception will be instantly asked to leave along side all of their party.
- We take no responsibility for any failure to the electric or water supply due to acts of nature, adverse weather conditions etc.
- Any tents, trailer tents, caravans, motorhomes, campervans, awnings or vehicles and their contents left unattended at any time are not the responsibility of Carney Pools Campsite and are left at the owners’ risk.
- Carney Pools Campsite and their staff shall not be held responsible for any accident, loss, damage or theft to persons, vehicles, caravans, motorhomes, campervans, tents, trailer tents, contents or accessories, however caused.
- Any damage caused by natural causes or any other circumstances to personal belongings is not the responsibility of Carney Pools Campsite or their staff.
- The main person named on a booking is responsible for the entire party for the duration of their stay. This person will be the main point of contact and is responsible for ensuring that all members of their party are familiar with the terms and conditions.
- Any damage caused by guests or their visitors must be paid for. The main lead on the party is responsible for any payments that are to be made due to damage.
- Any deliberate damage made by an individual or group will result in the entire party being asked to leave the site immediately, with no refund.
- Any guest or visitor causing a nuisance or being irresponsible on our site will be asked to leave the site immediately, with no refund.
- The management reserves the right to refuse admission to the site for any person, fees are non-refundable.
- The management reserves the right to make changes to the terms and conditions at any time.
We expect all our staff, guests and visitors to act in a courteous and considerate manner to anyone staying, visiting or working at Carney Pools Campsite. We do not tolerate threatening behaviour.
Carney Pools Campsite would like to thank you in advance for your cooperation in abiding by our terms and conditions.